Sunday 1 June 2014

Another Birthday - literally my own

One of the interesting things about US street addresses is that roads are often lengthy, leading to homes and businesses recording lot numbers in the thousands. It just so happens that several of the streets around the part of Mountain View where I am staying have properties with numbers over one thousand and, on a single day, I passed two houses with numbers recording the year in which I was born: 1945. More remarkably, I had my camera on me and took pictures of them. Little do the owners realise what a special year that was! However, I think I'll miss knocking on their doors and announcing the fact.



Two houses; two streets and the same choice of colour (or is color?), which is imperial purple. Perhaps the owners know of the significance of the date after all!! Or am I a deluded megalomaniac?

AS

No comments: