Saturday 7 June 2014

Another Long Journey

No pictures this time, you'll be glad to hear. Just a quick update on  my journey while sitting in an airport lounge (US Airways) in San Francisco. In just 12 hours or so I'll be in Lisbon en route for Evora, with just one stop in Philadelphia on the way. Even the journey so far from Mountain View was a novelty. I had to catch the CalTrain heading north to SF, but in rush hour. My case would have been a large impediment until I found myself in one the train's bicycle coaches. Believe it or not, the one I was in had racks holding on my estimate getting on for 28 bikes and their owners! It's time that Sydney's trains were equipped with bike coaches. I got out a Milbrae just south of SF, but getting to the airport required three more separate rail journeys: Bay Area Rapid Transport system (BART) to San Bruno (next stop), BART to the airport (next stop), and the sky-train shuttle between that and terminal 1. This was not exactly difficult, but frustratingly time-consuming ahead of all the usual security screening. For some reason I was directed to an express lane and got through in about 2-3 minutes!

AS 

No comments: